ABOUT THE ROLE
The role of Sales Consultant at ownworld is at the forefront of sales generation based on relationship building and product knowledge. The role targets an allocated client database in ownworld’s key market of architectural and design specifyers, relying on the company’s extensive cachet of core brands and customised furniture solutions. Finding solutions is the key to this role’s sales success by responding to client briefs which will include the criteria of application, design aesthetic, leadtime and budget.
A significant degree of visitation, networking, entertaining & socialising is expected from this role. You will be given a budget and formal set of KPI’s to meet on a weekly basis to encourage face-to-face client activity leading to quote opportunities. Given the ever- increasing, competitive nature of capturing client attention, you will be expected to rely on your creativity about how to regularly “get in front of” your client base in order to understand, relate and most importantly – help your clients in their work. Responsiveness and turnaround to meet client deadlines is paramount.
As a Sales Consultant you will need an in-depth knowledge of ownworld’s entire product database of all represented brands and manufacturers including componentry so that you can ‘build’ product according to client need. Accuracy is essential. You must actively review client schedules, furniture plans and any other supporting documentation provided so that you, in-turn, can convert your Quotes into formalised Sales Orders with confidence that all details are correct. You will have full access to work in conjunction with Sales Support staff to source manufacturer quotes, leadtimes, check stock availability, prepare Quotes and any other details that will free you up to circulate in the market to conduct presentations and product rotations.
It’s important in this position to be clear and occasionally stern with respect to the Sales Conditions linked to your Quotes. Business must be converted within terms and criteria acceptable to ownworld including payments and penalties – especially when the purchasing body is a builder or Project Management firm. You will be provided guidelines to follow.
Each Sales Consultant at ownworld takes part in a weekly Sales Meeting as a platform to voice personal results, experiences, product learning and market intelligence. You will also take part in a weekly one-on-one meeting with your Direct Manager to discuss your progress and personal development. Your ideas for sales, operational and cultural improvements are always encouraged.
The right candidate will be competitive, incentive driven and target hungry.
• Goal orientated
• Meticulous with detail
• A positive ‘can do’ attitude
• Strategic & social
• Collaborative with Sales Support and colleagues and an open communicator with Managers
• Comprehensive knowledge of the workings of the A&D specifier community and end-user market with the ability to identify and develop business opportunities and client relations with a view to sales generation
• Vast commercial product knowledge and a background in interior design or architecture would be considered highly beneficial
1. Personal Sales Target
• Actively target, network and socialise amongst the contract commercial architectural and specifier market, targeting new contacts, fostering relationships with existing clients and creating strategies to achieve personal sales target
• Maintain an ongoing schedule of external and showroom meetings, presentations & product rotations per KPI’s
• Generate quotations in accordance with KPI’s and with the assistance of Sales Support
• Liaise with Operations Team regarding Sales Order conversion, on-site installation issues, damages or rectifications re own projects
3. Networking / Brand Ambassador
• Build relationships and promote ownworld’s capabilities with all manner of external clients including the A&D community, Project Management and procurement companies, manufacturers, direct end users etc.
• Represent ownworld at a broad range of external industry and design related events, providing feedback to the team about learnings & experience
4. Staff Training & Development
• Work with Sales Support to maximise your own efficiency whilst considering their workload and other showroom responsibilities. Encourage and nurture Sales Support’s professional growth and development
• Support new team members with brand and systems training (Options) as requested by Manager?
5. Showroom Activity
• Help Sales Support, Operations & Marketing as and when necessary to prepare for special showroom events and visits
• Maintain an eye for detail in the showroom environment, ensuring best possible/relevant presentation
6. Marketing Participation & Cultural Advocacy
• Work with colleagues and Manager to propose event activity in the Victorian market and showroom, supported by clear objectives and budgeting
• Encourage behaviours in line with ownworld’s published cultural values. Always report issues or concerns ‘upward’ to management to avoid filtering negativity amongst team. Foster positivity. Present ideas for a better worklife
7. Management Reporting
• Prepare sales report and personal sales pipeline forecast prior to weekly sales meeting
• Provide upcoming week’s schedule of activities including client visitations, product presentations & showroom activity. Deliver feedback on previous week’s activities
• Submit project registrations and forecasts to ownworld management where deemed necessary per manufacturer (eg. Gubi, Fornasarig)
• Present ideas for growth, development & opportunity
The Sales Consultant reports to ownworld’s State Sales Manager VIC
TARGETS & MEASURES
Your success in the role of Sales Consultant will be assessed on:
• Personal, proactive connection to the A&D specifier market, manufacturers and related industry bodies to achieve your sales target
• Product knowledge and solutions based approach
• Applying ‘above and beyond’ strategies to connect with clients in both formal business exchanges as well as informal, social situations
• Zero errors in Sales Orders generated
• Maintaining a positive work culture through active participation, suggestions and discussion
• Adhere to all reporting expectations with an unprompted, proactive approach