Hands on design role working a great team of creative minds, responsible for the design and product development of our handmade rugs.
About us – Armadillo & Co:
Armadillo & Co is a global brand born in Australia, with inspiration and craftsmanship drawn from India. Since 2009, A&Co. has pioneered the rug world through its combination of aesthetics and ethics.
The company?s head office is based in Sydney, Australia, with showrooms in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Los Angeles and New York City. All of our rugs are produced in India where we employ approximately 1,500 artisans across different specialties. Our brand is represented in Australia, Asia, the USA, Middle East and Europe.
Each A&Co. rug is handmade from natural and sustainable materials, elevating the artistry of age-old methods through a uniquely Australian contemporary design process. We proudly embrace Fair Trade practices, with each purchase benefiting local schools in our weavers? villages through the not-for-profit Armadillo & Co Foundation.
About the role ? Product & Design Manager:
Reporting to our Brand Director, and working closely with our Creative Director, this role is responsible for the design and development of our handmade rugs, product life cycle, and leadership of our small, but dedicated, Product & Design department. Specifically:
- Assisting the Creative Director in collection creative direction and curation
- Working with the Associate Designer to create new products and collections
- Setting range direction and ensuring styles are in line with product matrix and channels
- Drive creative reviews of work in progress with the Design team
- Sketching/illustrating approved styles
- Sourcing and selecting appropriate fibres for development
- Analysis of product, trends, and oversight of competitor activity (with team support)
- Building genuine relationships with suppliers to maintain and reflect our brand values
- Managing the critical path for product launch
- Attending international sourcing fairs and production trips
- Supervise the negotiation, quality control and confirmation of all products
- Effective communication with internal stakeholders (in particular, marketing and production)
The position is a full-time role, based in Sydney.
You will be a passionate designer who demonstrates a high level of personal motivation, with solid knowledge and experience across production and textiles. This role is creative and we need someone who can conceptualise and deliver beautiful products, as well as contribute new and innovative ideas to improve the way we work.
What you bring to the role:
- 3+ years experience in a similar role
- Experience as a product/textile designer
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Flexible approach to work
- Strong time management with high attention to detail
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you! Please submit the following to our HR Manager, Rachel at email@example.com.
- One paragraph bio that tells us who you are and what makes you jump out of bed in the morning
- An example of a product or brand that inspires you and why (you can include any photos or other information if you like)
This is a rare opportunity within a successful and exciting, global and ethical brand.