Space Furniture, one of Australia’s largest and most progressive contemporary furniture companies is offering an exciting opportunity to join their Melbourne branch.
We focus on attracting, developing and rewarding the right people. As a business we are looking for a diverse range of committed and intelligent people who are excited to be working in this dynamic environment.
We are searching for a professional part time Receptionist for 2 days a week (Monday 9.30am to 5.30pm and Sunday 11am to 5.00pm) who takes pride in being the company’s first point of contact.
You will have a minimum of 2 year’s Reception experience, basic experience with Word, Excel and sound Typing Skills. We are looking for someone who wants to work in an exciting and fast paced environment. It is essential that you are well presented, pro active, able to conduct yourself with maturity and are an excellent communicator.
You will be responsible for managing a busy Reception/Front Desk, handling incoming calls, and meeting and greeting clients, provide administration support to the sales teams as well as invoicing, banking and mail duties.
In this role attention to detail is vital and your “can do” attitude will ensure the smooth running of Reception.
To be considered for this role, you will be enthusiastic, well presented, self motivated and be able to work in a fast paced environment as part of a team.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Greet clients entering the showroom and direct their enquiry to the relevant staff member. Act as showroom host, arranging for the provision of clients with refreshments if required.
- Answer all incoming calls directing them to staff or emailing messages in the instance that staff is unavailable.
- Responsible for the internal distribution of incoming mail and for the posting of outgoing mail. To be carried out daily ensuring express mail is posted by the required time.
- Arranging courier collections
- Assist with the processing of accessories sales when required.
- Ensure reception desk is tidy at all times.
- Responsible for the showroom collections folder, ensuring it is kept up to date and that customers are called and reminded if necessary when items are ready for collection.
- Liaise with external visitors in relation to services such as fire and maintenance of the building.
- Monitor supplies for kitchen and bathroom areas and arrange the reordering and restocking of required items.
- Order all stationery, toners/ink cartridges for printers and general supplies such as coffee, tea, etc and calling in service people as needed.
- Count and reconcile cash till float first at the start and end of each day.
- Act as point of contact for customer liaison & enquiries e.g.: arrival dates (ETA), deliveries and phoning/emailing customers with updated information.
- Provide administration support to management and staff where required.
- Assist administration with extra duties. These include banking, reporting, collation of daily paperwork etc.
- Assist with Space events. This will involve managing RSVP’s to events and on occasions, working at the event to greet client and conduct name checks.
- Advise and respond accordingly to the changing needs of the company as they come to hand.
- Arranging additional refuse collections when required.
- Maintain mailing list on GP from website requests and mailing card returns.
Requirements for this role
- Professional and well presented
- Must possess an exceptional work ethic
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills
- Sound computer knowledge with accurate administration skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Customer service experience
- Ability to work within a small solid team as well as self motivation and the ability to work independently
- Weekly pay
- Good working hours
- Great team environment