Who we are
CRITERIA. Part-gallery, part-showroom, we are home to an exclusive collection of modern furniture, lighting, art and design objects from around the world. Our designers are celebrated for their innovative and experimental approach to design and their commitment to high-quality craftsmanship. A close team of passionate professionals who work collaboratively.
We are looking for someone who is an operations and logistics all-rounder with a mature mind-set to deliver first class service and exceptional support to our sales team, clients and suppliers. The role is a 12 month maternity leave position with the potential to stay on and grow with the company.
Who you are
– You have solid experience in working in freight forwarding and import knowledge is highly regarded.
– An interest in design, interior design and product design is an advantage.
– Degree or relevant experience in supply chain management, business administration or equivalent.
– Your experience will mean you have developed a keen commercial business sense and are able to approach problem solving and decision making with common sense and understanding
– You work well autonomously and are a strong communicator both written and verbal
– You have experience working with a range of stakeholders in a matrix environment
– You possess excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritise and multi-task, particularly during busy periods
– You have excellent attention to detail and initiative to recognise or identify potential issues and resolution skills to implement solutions
– You are proficient in Microsoft Excel and Google suite with some with data entry experience, including accuracy and interpretation of information.
– Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehousing, and local transportation for the business, including the management of external stakeholders
– Work collaboratively with the sales team to coordinate the full order cycle from purchase orders, shipment and delivery to clients. And provide feedback in a timely manner on any delays and/or issues.
– Liaise with our freight forwarder to import (and export) shipments in a timely and cost effective manner
– Work collaboratively with our accounting team to manage business expenditure and accounts payable
– Instruct and direct our data entry team to ensure that our internal systems (data imputed) are current and relevant
– Assist with showroom administration as required
What you get
A vibrant, fast paced environment, a supportive team and ongoing professional development. Competitive salary, reward and recognition for outstanding performance. Based in our showroom in Cremorne, this is a full time position that may require you to travel interstate from time to time.
If this sounds good
Please send us an email to Diana Scully at email@example.com with a cover letter and resume detailing your relevant experience and showing us your personality. If you would like to discuss this role with Diana, please call her on 0402 445 882.