Australia’s leading premium rug brand Designer Rugs has an opportunity for a creative, dynamic account manager with a great sales record and even better connections to join our Sydney Head Office as our full time Account Manager. Designer Rugs has been an industry leader for over 30 years, and are known for their unique designs and exclusive designer collaborations such as Dinosaur Designs, Catherine Martin, Akira Isogawa and many more.
This Account Manager role should embody the sophistication and passion for design that Designer Rugs stands for. This role is responsible for bringing Designer Rugs unique, premium product into both residential and commercial spaces throughout NSW and ACT. Working alongside our Sydney sales team and reporting directly to our Managing Director, the right candidate will have experience seeking and developing opportunities through their interior design and architecture contacts, and retaining existing accounts with exceptional relationship management. Our account managers are adept at providing effective and often highly customised design solutions for our clients, and must provide a high level of customer service from start to finish.
The role includes:
- Prospecting and approaching clients to bring on new business
- Relationship management with existing accounts – pursuing new projects to grow our business
- Closely working with clients on projects that can range from a single rug to an entire hotel
- Liaising with our design team, and writing clear and concise design briefs
- Undertaking site visits in both NSW and ACT where possible.
- Overseeing projects from design brief to delivery and beyond
To be considered for the role the ideal candidate must have:
- At least 5 years account management experience – interiors or architectural products experience essential, and work in textiles, rugs or carpet an advantage!
- Strong existing contacts in the interior design and architecture space, and knowledge of the industry
- A proven track record of sales success in both the residential and commercial space.
- Immaculate presentation and the ability to be an ambassador for a premium brand
- A keen interest in and knowledge of design and interiors – we are looking for someone with an eye for design.
- Confidence, eloquence, and impeccable project management skills required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A positive attitude, showing initiative, strategy and drive.
- The ability to work well in a team
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Current driver’s license
If you are interested in working in supportive, creative and rewarding culture, and have the necessary experience then we would like to hear from you.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org