Job Title: Business Development Manager
Reporting to: General Manager
Location: Tait Fitzroy/Tait HQ
Hours: Permanent, Full-time
Key Internal Relationships: General Manager, greater sales team, Manufacturing Manager, Marketing Team, Managing Director and Creative Director
Key External Relationships: Architecture and Design practices, Interior design and Landscape design practices, builders and project managers, education, and corporate clients.
Purpose of the position:
The Business Development Manager role requires a polished professional who excels in consultative sales.
Working closely the Architecture & Design Industry in Victoria, this position is required to build strong
relationships across Tait’s core commercial client base, including but not limited to Architects, Landscape
Designers, Interior Designers, Education, Corporate and Government clients, as well as actively pursuing
new clients within the industry.
Through direct contact via studio visits and presentations, this role is responsible for actively promoting
and selling the full range of Tait products, with the aim of having products specified for projects and
maintaining inclusion on project tenders.
The role requires someone who is driven by achievement of commercial success, has an understanding of
the technical requirements of the specification process and a strong commercial sales background in high-end
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consulting with Architects and Designers from concept stage through to full design, QS, tender, installation, and final handover.
- Day to day management of key A&D accounts including keeping informed of key projects and upcoming tenders.
- Maintaining CRM database with ongoing updates for opportunity/sale progress, through to order confirmation and delivery.
- Using reporting capabilities within CRM to plan and focus client growth strategies and identify weak points.
- Establish, manage, and maintain a customer development plan for new and existing clients including key personal contact details, entertainment opportunities and target objectives
- Achieve or better, set sales targets, and KPI’s whilst maintaining agreed on profit margins.
- It is expected that this role will spend on average 50% of direct time in the marketplace and achieve an average of 15 quality calls/visits per week.
- Provide product and technical assistance to designers, builders, and contractors.
- Provide detailed and accurate monthly sales reports including new leads, quotation pipeline, sales achievements, alongside industry knowledge – reporting on current industry behaviors and market forecasts, directions for sales growth, contact activity, and product feedback.
- Opportunity generation via personal and team relationships and regular contact and networking activities. Events may include openings, trade fairs, and exhibitions that are outside of standard working hours.
- Some work in the showroom providing assistance to retail and trade customers may be required
Programs in use:
- General Office Suite
- Odoo CRM/ERP system
- 3+ years proven architectural specification sales experience – direct sales experience is essential.
- Client exposure across high-end residential, commercial workplace/retail/hospitality in both A&D and building sectors
- Strong portfolio of existing A & D contacts
Personal qualities & behavioural traits:
- Takes an entrepreneurial approach to business development – driven, dynamic and ambitious with an energised personality
- An understanding of premium products and the ability to sell on quality and not price alone
- Ability to create mutually rewarding relationships that foster trust and repeat business
- Ability to apply technical knowledge to meet the needs and requirements of clients
- Exceptional people skills with an ability to educate, guide, and advise on the best options available to clients.
- Highly motivated and able to work autonomously, part of a team, and in a shared office environment.
- A good understanding of both design aesthetics and the product design process, with a willingness to learn about Tait products.
- Strong portfolio of completed projects over the past 18 months.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, both visual and verbal
- Understanding and ability to use 2D and 3D architectural software
- An interest in design and the arts
- Formal Sales Training
- A laptop computer will be supplied as part of this role. This remains the property of Tait.
- Base salary + commission + super + car allowance.
- Continued professional development and training opportunities.
- This is a permanent full-time position
- Some after-hours weekend work may be required
- Some interstate travel may be required
- Attendance at industry events/trade shows will be required