About Indesign Media
Indesign Media Asia Pacific is a niche design and architectural media house that produces award-winning events, print and online magazines in the Asia Pacific region with offices nationally in Australia, Singapore and Hong Kong.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced candidate to take on a leadership role at one of the most established and circulated B2B architecture publications in the Australian AEC sector.
As Assistant Editor, you’ll assist in the production of daily e-Newsletters and bulletins, quarterly print magazines, and annual events for an audience deeply embedded in the building and construction industry.
You’ll be active on multiple social channels and attend regular events so that the publication’s voice is heard regularly and effectively on different platforms.
You’ll also produce and monitor reports from analytics, email marketing services and social media engines to measure success and diagnose weaknesses.
Having a creative and hungry mindset, you want to work in a fast-paced, progressive media environment!
· Write and sub-edit daily news and feature articles for our website
· Assist in the creation of daily newsletters
· Daily posts on social media platforms
· Write and sub-edit feature articles for our print magazine
· Assist in the planning and delivery of our Sustainability Live conference program and Sustainability Awards Gala Dinner
· Attend industry events, both within and outside working hours
Who you are
· You’re a hands-on, head-down type and you’re extremely good at managing people and time
· Knowledge of building materials/products and their application is essential.
· You can scan and evaluate the worth of a press release or pitch in seconds – not minutes
· You have extensive experience with managing CMS, CRM and SEO
· You can manage multiple digital platforms and speak in multiple voices
· You’re a stickler for detail and produce a clear, concise and factual copy with ease
· You have exceptional standards of grammar, punctuation, and accuracy in copy-editing
· You thrive on listening to and learning from your audience
· You’re comfortable at the bottom of a DA or pile of architectural drawings and you’re fluent in the lingo of architects.
· You can use Illustrator, Photoshop and Indesign
· Experience in architecture, building design or construction is a bonus but not a deal-breaker.
Why you will love Indesign Media
Indesign Media is evolving in response to the expectations and challenges of the digital world in which we now live. We have an amazing opportunity to reinvent our industry and redefine the future of media in Australia. We are passionate about what we do and proud of our heritage of world-class journalism and entrepreneurial spirit.
If you thrive on being challenged and enjoy working in a fast-paced stimulating environment, come and join us on this incredible journey.