A&D Sales Consultant
Based in the Melbourne Office in Fitzroy
Great Dane is Australia’s eminent purveyor, master, and collector of luxury Scandinavian furniture. Founded in Melbourne in 2002, our unbridled passion for timeless Scandinavian design has seen us establish an inimitable reputation for quality, service, craftsmanship and knowledge. At Great Dane, we are committed to ensuring that the precision and restrained beauty of Scandinavian design is upheld at all times and these qualities are represented through every aspect of our business.
As part of the Great Dane team you will be consulting to and working with our A&D clients proposing designs from our furniture and lighting collections for their projects. You will ensure we are meeting our client’s expectations to deliver an exceptional level of service. This role will involve you collaborating with our purchasing and warehouse teams and reporting to the A&D General Manager.
This role has a variety of responsibilities that come with it and your typical day will involve the following:
- Consulting and communicating with clients about their projects and proposing solutions from our collection to meet their specific requirements.
- Generating and managing your quotes and sales, reporting regularly to advise on an expected pipeline for orders.
- Proactively searching for new opportunities with both our existing clients as well as looking for new clients to build relationships with.
- Developing a comprehensive technical knowledge of our products along with the stories and background of the makers we work with.
- Creating and growing strong client relationships with constant engagement through communication, visits and meetings.
- Presenting our furniture and lighting collections by visiting design studios and hosting clients in our Fitzroy showroom.
- This sales consulting role will see you work towards achieving the monthly, quarterly and annual sales budgets which are set for you.
We have a few expectations of you both specific to this role along with those for anyone joining our team.
- You will have a passion for furniture and design.
- Working with your clients on their projects brings you joy and sense of reward.
- You love accuracy and have a great attention to detail ensuring you meet your own high standards.
- Coming to work with a positive and respectful approach to your colleagues and our clients.
- Attending industry functions to grow your client relationships and increase both your personal and Great Dane’s profile within the design community.
- Making sales and exceeding budgets is a key motivator for you.
- Working collaboratively with your colleagues and enjoying being part of the team’s achievements.
- You will have a minimum of 3 years experience consulting to the A&D community with a similarly high level of quality furniture and lighting products.
If you think this all sounds exciting and would like to join the Great Dane team then please email your CV and a covering letter to Jon Holland at firstname.lastname@example.org