Urban Couture is a Sydney based boutique furniture and homewares company with a strong online presence and a showroom in Surry Hills. Specialising in designs inspired by European traditions, in particular the Scandinavian and Italian design perspectives, we service both residential and commercial consumers.
We’re currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced sales and customer service consultant to work in our Surry Hills Showroom.
- Sales Consultant to be based in our Surry Hills retail showroom.
- Be part of a small dynamic team in a fast paced environment.
- Full time – 5 days a week, including 1 day on the weekend – (parking space available).
- Includes a generous base salary plus sales commission structure.
- As we are a young fast growing company, for the right candidate there is an opportunity for fast-track career advancement.
- Meeting sales targets.
- Following up and closing Sales leads from both online and showroom enquiries.
- Executing general administration/reception duties accurately, efficiently and with attention for detail.
- Management of sales from initial contact through to delivery.
- Updating customers on lead times and organising delivery schedules.
- Ability to develop and manage lasting relationships with our high-end retail clients, architects and interior designers.
- Maintaining and merchandising the showroom to a high standard.
To be the successful candidate for this role, we expect that you possess the following attributes:
- Past sales and customer service experience within a furniture company, preferably the ‘high-end’ designer furniture industry.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Proven results in sales performance and customer service.
- All rounder able to multi task and carry out a variety of tasks.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Polished presentation & strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a problem solver with a strong work ethic, can do attitude, and ability to show initiative.
- Ability to work autonomously within a small team.
- Sound furniture knowledge with materials, such as fabrics, leathers, woods and marble, along with a good eye for spatial planning.
- Passion for furniture and design.
- Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop and InDesign skills preferred but not essential.