FORM is seeking a Senior Manager to work as part of the Senior Management team of this dynamic and enterprising not-for-profit organisation to assist with writing organisational strategy, program planning, fundraising, developing and delivering creative programs of significance, and delivery of key programs.
This is a predominantly Perth-based position working within a small team of 30, however occasional travel may be required.
The successful candidate will report to the Executive Director, and will be expected to work collaboratively with other team members to successfully develop and deliver projects and secure funding.
- Contributing to the development and writing of key organisational and strategic documents including advocacy documents, publications, policy papers, business plans, strategies, presentations and major funding submissions
- Contributing to programming and program planning
- Contributing to fundraising and partner development efforts
- Contribute to innovative program development and delivery that showcases creative excellence and thought-leadership, particularly in areas such as creative cities, place and community development and activation, urban and regional strategy, community engagement, and creative learning and education
- Contribute to organisational programming and planning
- Raise funding to facilitate project delivery
- Efficient and effective project management of programs developed
- Management and coordination of project-based teams for implementation
- Contribute expertise, advice and guidance across organisational projects as required, and assist fellow team members
- Develop and maintain strong local, national and international expertise networks
- Bring to the team high level expertise and experience of excellence in developing thought-leadership programs, strategy and advocacy work, and innovative program delivery
- Contribute to building collaborative partnerships to enable programs
- Writing and communication of programs
- Contribute to development and writing of strategic and organisational documents such as business plans, strategies, presentations and major funding submissions
- Contribute to facilitating the participation and leadership of the team in planning and programming
- Contributing to all of team activities, work and organisational administration
The following provides an indication of the types of activities that will be a key part of this role:
- Strategy and program development, planning and delivery
- Team and client advisory in areas of expertise
- Writing and coordinating development of key organisational and strategic documents
- Writing and coordinating funding submissions, grant writing or partnership proposals
- Expertise-area, thought-leadership or curatorial networks and stakeholder liaison
- Contributing to program planning
- Project management or oversight for key projects
- Coordination of team in strategically important projects or efforts
- Delivery of major events and activities such as launches, forums, public programs, research or publications
- Attendance and participation at all of team activities such as project launches and exhibition openings as required
- Contribution to all of team activities
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor degree or higher equivalent qualifications
- 8+ years experience
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience of leading, developing and delivering strategic programs of significance
- Experience of fundraising, grant writing and/or sponsor development
- Excellent project management and organisational skills
- Strong event management skills
- Experience developing and managing project budgets, and ability to work in challenging funding conditions
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and shifting schedules
- Attention to detail and presentation
- Ability to communicate well with diverse audiences
- Ability to work efficiently in a small, dynamic and fast paced, collaborative team
- Ability to think laterally, strategically and creatively
This is ideally a full time position. The salary offered will depend on the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
FORM is an independent and enterprising non-profit organisation that works to develop creativity in all its forms and harness it for cultural development and community transformation in Western Australia. We believe that the best, most vibrant places to live are the ones that nurture dynamic creativity, showcase cultural diversity, insist on quality, and are shaped with people in mind.
The organisation’s work to build a state of creativity spans artistic development and presentation, research, place activation, urban and regional strategy, cultural community engagement, cultural infrastructure development, Aboriginal cultural maintenance, creative sector skills development, advocacy, retail and gallery operations. All of these activities are connected by the exploration of artistic excellence, whether through processes or outcomes.
FORM is a State-based organisation, running 5 facilities around WA. FORM is based in Perth with a head office in the Station Masters House Claremont, a cultural hub and project space The Goods Shed, additional offices and FORM Gallery on Murray Street in Perth, and additional offices in Port Hedland where we run 3 facilities and additional regional programming (Port Hedland Courthouse Gallery, Port Hedland Visitor Centre, Spinifex Hill Studios).
We focus on addressing the overarching conditions for creativity, and the value of creativity, culture and the arts, and design to the wellbeing and prosperity of a region. Our programs aim to catalyse collective change for the wider Western Australian cultural eco-system.