Black Line Retail
* Young, dynamic and motivated team of professionals
* Enviable and diverse range of retail projects – local and international brands
* Contract role available – with potential for a permanent placement
Black Line Retail is Australia’s leading retail project consultancy.
Our client services include business modelling, portfolio planning, brand and retail concept development, documentation services, tender and project management, bulk procurement co-ordination. Our clients are some of the most recognised brands locally and from around the world.
Based in Alexandria, we are a team of dedicated retail professionals who provide genuine and transparent value for our clients – be it strategic, iconic or commercial. Culturally, we take our work and clients seriously, but not necessarily ourselves.
With consistent growth, Black Line is looking for a suitably experienced professional to join the team as a:
* Mid-weight Designer (minimum 5 years’ experience)
Ideally, your experience will include the holistic development and documentation of retail concepts either on the client side or for a design agency, for a variety of brands/products. You will have a well above average understanding of retail at all levels and of the new customer experience initiatives being developed within the industry. Reporting to the Studio Manager, and working with the Project Strategy Sponsor you will develop a range of ground up brand environment designs using Black Line Retail’s Hard Questions / Hearts & Minds methodology; and you must have the ability to work autonomously to tight but realistic timelines.
To be successful, you will have
– A strong portfolio of production drawings on commercial or retail projects in CAD (ideally Vectorworks) that demonstrate your ability to synthesise the client brief with innovation and produce a customer experience that is well beyond expectation.
– Excellent communication skills, verbal and written with Clients, Landlords, Retail Design Managers and colleagues
– Personal values not dissimilar to Black Line’s core values – to be Professional, Pragmatic, Perceptive and create positive Partnerships; and importantly to be a natural culture fit with our team
The successful applicant will be willing and able to travel at least once a month (or as required) and contribute as a high functioning team member, within a fast paced office.
Juggling competing priorities is important as is your natural ability to “roll with the punches” and stay calm under pressure. Pride in your own work is critical as is the need to recognise what needs to be done and then doing it – initiative is highly regarded. We are at an exciting phase of growth and want people who are ready for the ride!
In return, Black Line will provide a competitive salary based on experience, an excellent working environment and corporate culture, a genuine work / life balance and a broad range of interesting and exciting clients / projects.
To learn more, please email a detailed resume or portfolio highlighting the retail projects you’ve worked on, and your level of involvement to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants must be an Australian resident or hold a valid work visa for Australia.