We are looking for a draftsperson to work with our interior designers in delivering residential based projects. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, efficient, able to work on multiple projects, and has a lovely manner in working with colleagues and clients. We are seeking a contractor who can provide between 5-20 hours a week. Our workflow varies depending upon the number of active projects. We would expect the contractor to work from home with occasional meetings in the office or on site.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 5 years practical experience working in a firm of architects or interior designers
- Technical skills gained from a degree in architecture or interior design
- Training and practical experience in CAD is essential
- Training and practical experience with hand drawing is essential
- Knowledge about kitchen, bathroom, joinery standards and details is important
- Proficiency with Photoshop and InDesign is a plus.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate and undertake the following tasks:
- Prepare drawings such as floor plans, furniture layouts, elevations, perspectives and specifications for houses. Including kitchens, bathrooms, laundry, custom joinery and furniture.
- Attend on site for measuring and effectively and efficiently create drawings based upon the measurements
- Attend in the office or on site for client meetings
- Prepare documentation for client presentations and working drawings for suppliers
The ideal candidate will have your own CAD software such as Autocad, Archicad, Revit, etc.